Skin Care and Prevention of Pressure Injuries
Course Number: 0453
Course Date: 02/18/2020
Skin Care and Prevention of Pressure Injuries is a two part series. This course provides many definitions involved in skin care and prevention of pressure injuries, describes 4 stages of pressure injuries and lists factors associated with forming pressure injuries. The program also reviews pressure injury prevention, special equipment used to treat pressure injuries and special interventions for residents who are incontinent.
$13.00Add to Cart
The purpose of this course is to define pressure injuries, pressure points, repositioning, pressure redistribution, pressure reduction and pressure relief. The information provided will be useful for prevention and intervention strategies for residents affected by pressure injuries.
- Define pressure injuries, pressure points, repositioning, pressure redistribution, pressure reduction, and pressure relief
- List and describe 4 stages of pressure injuries
- List risk factors for forming pressure injuries
- Understand prevention of pressure injuries
- List special equipment needs in the treatment of pressure injuries
- Discuss special interventions for residents who are incontinent
Criteria for Successful Completion
To receive continuing education credit for this program, you must complete the entire course, including registration, viewing the video program, taking the post-test and obtaining a score of at least 70% or better, and completing the program evaluation. If you do not score a 70% or better, you may take the exam again as many times as necessary to receive a passing score. When a score of 70% or better is achieved, you will be able to move forward to the evaluation and receive your certificate online.