Skin Care and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers
Course Number: 0015
Skin Care and Prevention of Pressure Ulcers is a 1 hour continuing education course that provides definitions of pressure ulcers, pressure points, repositioning, pressure redistribution, pressure reduction, and pressure relief. The course lists and describes 4 stages of pressure ulcers and lists risk factors for forming pressure ulcers. It also describes prevention of pressure ulcers and special equipment needsed in the treatment of pressure ulcers. The course ends by reviewing special interventions for residents who are incontinent.
$10.00Add to Cart
The purpose of this course is to provide information on skin care and prevention of pressure ulcers.
- Define pressure ulcers, pressure points, repositioning, pressure redistribution, pressure reduction, and pressure relief
- List and describe 4 stages of pressure ulcers
- List risk factors for forming pressure ulcers
- Understand prevention of pressure ulcers
- List special equipment needs in the treatment of pressure ulcers
- Discuss special interventions for residents who are incontinent
Criteria for Successful Completion
To receive continuing education credit for this program, you must complete the entire course, including registration, viewing the video program, taking the post-test and obtaining a score of at least 70% or better, and completing the program evaluation. (Social workers must obtain at least an 80% or better score.) If you do not score a 70% or better, (80% for social workers) you may take the exam again as many times as necessary to receive a passing score. When a score of 70% (80% for social workers) or better is achieved, you will be able to move forward to the evaluation and receive your certificate online.